* To introduce the participants the structure of the organization of sport of sailing and explain the rules which covers our sport and importance of it.
* Explain and convince the participants why they have to sail by the rules, why the rules make sense and how to act when a rule is broken, either by sailors or officials or by others.
* Establish the role of the officials, explain the mindset of decision making and showcase their contribution to the fairness of the event.
Contents of the seminar:
* The introduction of the organization of sailing sport, the race official’s statuses and programs, the governance of the sport.
* The skills and requirements for a race official.
* Role of the sailor, the coach, the race official.
* Philosophy of the rules in general: why we need them.
* Rules course. Thorough explanation of the rules, including why they make sense.
* ‘Fish or Stick’ – How to use the RRS Book and how to find quickly a relevant rule
* RRS Parts 3-7
* Q&A’s throughout the seminar (Offshore specific questions)
9.00-9.30 – ierašanās, reģistrēšanās